We use 259 closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras in Torbay to:
- help tackle crime
- keep the public safe
- Find missing people
- monitor traffic flow
164 cameras are in our town centres and car parks and 15 cameras are used to watch the traffic. The rest are in public buildings, including the Town Hall, public libraries, and Torre Abbey.
Images from our town centre CCTV cameras are recorded 24 hours a day and footage from the system can be used as evidence in both criminal and civil court cases.
Police access to CCTV footage
Where an offence has been reported in an area covered by our CCTV cameras, the Police may ask to view any CCTV footage that might be helpful.
Request CCTV footage
By law, you have a right (subject to certain exemptions) to be told whether any personal data is held about you, including CCTV footage.
If you would like to apply for subject access to our CCTV footage please complete the application form and send it to us.5739
- Current emergencies
- Our role before, during and after an emergency
- How you can prepare for an emergency
- Flooding and extreme weather
- Preventing violent extremism and terrorism
- Advice on business continuity
- Bonfire Night safety advice
- Halloween safety advice
- Festive safety advice
- Report a crime or concern
- Fire safety advice
- Safer Communities Torbay
- Bird Flu (Avian influenza)