Most dog owners in Torbay are responsible and pick up after their dogs..... so thank you!
Those who aren’t and are seen by officers may receive a Fixed Penalty Notice. 'I didn’t see my dog foul' is not an excuse for dog fouling. Your dog is your responsibility at all times on or off the lead.
If you don’t pick up you could receive a £80 Fixed Penalty Notice from a Dog Warden (or other duly authorised officer). If someone chooses not to pay they could be taken to Court and face a fine of up to £1,000.
Reporting a persistent fouler
Where we have enough evidence we can take legal action against dog fouling offenders. When reporting someone for not picking up after their dog, please give us as much information as you can which might include:
- Do they usually walk the dog at a certain time during the day?
- Where are the offences being committed?
- What does the dog look like?
- What does the owner look like?
- If the owner is using a car, what is the registration number?
Removal of dog fouling
We can only remove dog fouling from land we own. If you think the fouling is on council land please contact SWISCo on 01803 701318.
If the dog fouling is on private land it will be the responsibility of the person who owns the land to have it removed.
- Pest and vermin control
- Unauthorised encampments
- Report anti social behaviour
- Air quality
- Contaminated land
- High hedges
- Paignton and Preston Seafront Masterplan
- Litter and litter bins
- Public Space Protection Orders
- Report a dead animal on a road or footpath