We have had to change the way that some of our services operate to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Joining Torbay is easy!
You don't need to inform your fostering agency you are thinking of leaving them at this stage, we would be happy to visit you on an informal basis and to answer any questions you may have.
Here are the reasons to transfer to us:
- We will always place a child with our own carers before approaching other agencies.
- We can match the rates you are currently being paid by your agency. Our Level 4 foster carers are paid up to £522.34 per week
- Our training and support groups take place across Torbay meaning you won't have far to travel.
- You will have a dedicated social worker to support you through every step of the process.
- We do not make any profit from fostering, unlike some private fostering agencies that run as businesses to maximise return on investment for their shareholders. Every penny allocated to our department is spent on achieving the best outcomes for our children in care.
I'm interested - what happens next?
- Adopt a child
- Become a foster carer
- Family Information Service Directory
- Get help for a child at risk
- Services and support
- Find a social work job
- Strategies and policies
- Complain about children's social care
- Private fostering
- Child employment
- Peninsula Commissioning and Procurement Partnership