Childcare Choices is a dedicated site for childcare and the options available for the free entitlements and any help or support with paying for childcare.

You can get help paying for childcare if it’s provided by a:

  • registered childminder, nanny, playscheme, nursery or club
  • childminder or nanny with a registered childminder agency or childcare agency
  • registered school
  • home care worker working for a registered home care agency

This is known as ‘approved childcare’.

The GOV.UK website has a useful tool to identify potential help you can access.

  Childcare vouchers better off calculator Opens in a new window

These are the sources of help available for paying childcare costs:

  • Tax Free Childcare (this has replaced employer childcare voucher schemes)
  • Tax Credits
  • Universal Credit
  • Help whilst you study (Care to Learn, Learner Support and Childcare Grant)
  • Employer childcare vouchers (if you are already signed up, no new sign-ups are being accepted)