We believe that effective contract management is key to a successful relationship between us and you, the supplier. We expect you to manage your part of the business and work with us pro-actively to improve the performance of the contract over its lifetime.
Once a contract has been awarded, the supplier must ensure that quality and performance requirements stated in the tender documents are maintained (or improved) throughout the contract period.
The officer responsible for managing the contract will have regular meetings with the supplier to review both the administration and performance of the contract. Frequency of meetings will be proportionate to the value and complexity of the contract.
The payment process
Payment terms will be set out in the contract documents. They may be stage payments, annual / quarterly / monthly payments, payment on completion or payment for each purchase order.
Payment is made within 30 days of receipt of an undisputed invoice (or the undisputed element of a disputed invoice), unless otherwise agreed.
Suppliers are required to make payments to any sub-contractors within 30 days of receipt of an undisputed invoice (or the undisputed element of a disputed invoice), unless otherwise agreed with the sub-contractor.
To ensure that your payment is dealt with efficiently and to avoid delays, please ensure that you:
- submit the invoice in the format agreed in the contract;
- quote the order number and / or contract title;
- address the invoice to the correct officer and location;
- ensure that the invoice is mathematically correct;
- include as much information as possible about what the invoice is for;
- only include payment requests for goods or services that have been supplied.
- Business rates
- Commercial waste
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses