If you want to collect money or sell items on the street or in a public area for charity you will need to get a licence from us. It is our policy to not have more than one charity collecting at any one location at any one time.
You could be fined £200 if you collect money for charity without a licence.
At least 28 days notice must be given to arrange the necessary licences.
There is no fee for the licence.
Once the collections have taken place, a return will be required showing how much has been collected and how the monies have been allocated.
It is our policy to not have more than one charity collecting at any one location at any one time.
In addition collections for non-Torbay based charities can only take place on Saturdays between April and September, unless they are for an individual.
There are also many terms and conditions to granting a permit.7548
Details of the terms and conditions for granting a street collections permit.
- Business rates
- Commercial waste and services
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses
- Community Renewal Fund
- Town Diary - promotional spaces for hire in Torbay
- A guide to remortgaging your property
- English Riviera Destination Management Plan 2022 – 2027
- Torbay UK Shared Prosperity Fund
- Health and Safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business