A Temporary Use Notice (TUN) can be used to permit the limited use of premises for gambling where there is no Gambling Act 2005 premises licence in place. Premises that may be suitable for a TUN would include hotels, conference centres and sporting venues.

A TUN may only be issued by a person or company that holds the appropriate operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission.

A TUN may only be used provide facilities for ‘equal chance gaming’, where the gaming activity is intended to produce a single overall winner; examples would be games such as dominos, cribbage, bingo and poker.

Gambling facilities by way of gaming machines cannot be provided under a TUN.

There is a limit upon how many ‘temporary use days’ can be applied for in a 12 month period. More than one TUN can be issued for a premises, but the total number of days combined cannot exceed 21 days in any 12 month period.

The TUN must be served upon us three months before the event and a copy must also be sent to the Police, the Gambling Commission and HM Revenues and Customs.

  Notify us of temporary use

Temporary Use Information
For information regarding Gambling Act 2006 temporary use of premises