Arcades that use category D only gaming machines need to apply for a permit.  Only category D machines are allowed with this permit as they are for families only.

The permit lasts ten years at which point it must be renewed, but no annual fee is payable.

These permits cannot be issued for vessels or vehicles.


An application can only be made by a person who occupies or proposes to occupy a premises. To apply complete the application form and return it to us with the appropriate fee.

  Download application form for a family entertainment centre gaming machine permit

We will consult with the Chief Officer of Police, if there are no representations the permit will be issued. 


The fee for a new application is £300

Gambling Licence Fees
Details of licensing fees and annual fees for premises licences and club premises certificates.

Transferring a permit 

There is no ability to transfer the permit to a new operator. In this case a new application would have to be made.

Premises name changes

Please use the above application form to also notify us of any changes to the premises name.