Clubs wanting to provide gaming machines or high-value gaming in their premises for the exclusive use of members, need to apply for one of the following types of permit:
- Club machine permits allow clubs, including commercial clubs, to provide up to three gaming machines for members use.
- Club gaming permits allow clubs (not commercial clubs) to provide up to three gaming machines for members use as well as allowing the club to offer equal chance gaming (for example, poker) and games of chance (for example, pontoon) under certain restrictions.
Any club holding one of the above permits can allow the use of three machines from categories B4, C and D. Non-commercial clubs can also offer one B3A machine and two machines from the other categories.
Both permits are valid for 10 years.
To apply for either permit complete the application form and return it to us along with the correct fee.7324
You must also send copies of the application to Devon and Cornwall Police and the Gambling Commission within 7 days of making the application. They have 28 days from the acceptance of the application form to make a representation, if a representation is made it will then be heard by the Licensing Committee.
Fast-track applications (holders of Club Premises Certificates)
If your club already holds a club premises certificate you will be able to make a 'fast-track' application by completing the relevant section in the application form.
Because your club has already gone through the application process for the Club Premises Certificate you will not be required to send copies of your application to the Gambling Commission of Devon and Cornwall Police.
There is an annual fee of £50 for either permit. The first being due 30 days after the issue of the permit, and then after on the anniversary of the issue of the permit.7349
Details of licensing fees and annual fees for premises licences and club premises certificates.
- Business rates
- Commercial waste
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses