Reminders and final notices
Find out when we issue reminders and final notices if you haven't paid your business rates.
We have had to change the way that some of our service operates to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and to provide additional support for those affected.
If you are having difficulty paying the quicker you get in touch with us and let us know your circumstances, the sooner we can consider setting up a suitable payment arrangement. Avoiding a reminder could be as simple as changing your monthly payment date, or by signing up for Direct deDit.
If you are taken to court for non payment of business rates, they have no power to alter the amount you owe or make any arrangements to pay. It will be quicker and cheaper to resolve any issues you have before we issue a summons.
If you have not paid anything or only paid part of an instalment owing, by the due date, a reminder will be sent.
A reminder will be sent the first time you miss a payment. If you make the payment by the date on the reminder you will be able to continue paying by instalments. If you don't make this payment you will be issued a final notice.17706
An example of the reminder we send
If you fail to pay the outstanding amount on the reminder we will normally issue a final notice. If you receive a final notice it means you have lost your right to pay by instalments and the total amount outstanding will be due.17707
An example of the final notice we send
Contact Business Rates
- COVID-19 support for businesses
- Business rates
- Commercial waste and services
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses
- Report a COVID-19 concern or complaint
- Community Renewal Fund
- Town Diary - promotional spaces for hire in Torbay
- A guide to remortgaging your property
- English Riviera Destination Management Plan 2022 – 2027