We have had to change the way that some of our service operates to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and to provide additional support for those affected.
From 1 April 2017 you will qualify for small business rate relief if your business occupies:
- One property and the rateable value is less than £15,000
- Two properties if the rateable value of one is below £15,000 and the other one is below £2900. The relief will be awarded to the one with the higher rateable value.
- More than two properties, the rateable value of one is below £15,000 and all the other properties must have rateable values below £2900. The total rateable values of all properties must be below £20,000. The relief will be awarded to the one with the highest rateable value.
You will get 100% relief if your property has a rateable value of £12,000 or less. This gradually reduces from 100% to 0% for properties with a rateable value of between £12,001 and £15,000.
Small business rate relief is not awarded automatically you must apply.
Contact Business Rates
- COVID-19 support for businesses
- Business rates
- Commercial waste and services
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses
- Report a COVID-19 concern or complaint
- Community Renewal Fund