From 1 April 2017 you will qualify for small business rate relief if your business occupies:
- One property and the rateable value is less than £15,000
- Two properties if the rateable value of one is below £15,000 and the other one is below £2900. The relief will be awarded to the one with the higher rateable value.
- More than two properties, the rateable value of one is below £15,000 and all the other properties must have rateable values below £2900. The total rateable values of all properties must be below £20,000. The relief will be awarded to the one with the highest rateable value.
You will get 100% relief if your property has a rateable value of £12,000 or less. This gradually reduces from 100% to 0% for properties with a rateable value of between £12,001 and £15,000.
Small business rate relief is not awarded automatically you must apply.
Please note: If you are a new business that has recently taken on a property, please kindly complete a ‘Tell us you have moved in’ form below, as your liability will need to be created before you can apply for Small Business Rate Relief
Contact Business Rates
- COVID-19 support for businesses
- Business rates
- Commercial waste and services
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses
- Report a COVID-19 concern or complaint
- Community Renewal Fund
- Town Diary - promotional spaces for hire in Torbay
- A guide to remortgaging your property
- English Riviera Destination Management Plan 2022 – 2027