If a property is partly occupied we have the discretion, in certain cases, to award relief for the unoccupied part.
If we decide relief can be awarded we will ask the Valuation Office Agency Opens in a new window (VOA) to apportion the rateable value between the occupied and unoccupied parts. They will then issue a certificate (Section 44a) and we will send out a reduced bill.
If you think you may qualify please send us a detailed plan of the property clearly showing the measured occupied and unoccupied parts.
Contact Business Rates
- Business rates
- Commercial waste
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses