If you have reported ASB to us but you don’t think we have dealt with it properly you can use a Community Trigger.
- It is a way of asking for your case to be reviewed if you think it has not been dealt with properly.
- It is intended to be used in cases where it is considered there is a high risk of harm to an individual or individuals.
When can I do it?
You must have:
- Experienced ASB that is causing harassment, alarm and distress.
- Reported the ASB you are experiencing to our ASB team, or the police or the Registered Social Landlord (if applicable) at least 3 times in the past six months.
- Made those reports within one month of the incident taking place.
How do I do it?
If you have done the above but feel that the ASB has not been dealt with:
- Telephone Community Safety on 01803 208025 or
- Write to Community Safety, c/o Town Hall, Castle Circus, Torquay, TQ1 3DR
You will need to provide full details of the incidents, when they were reported, who they were reported to (name and organisation) and any reference numbers provided to you.
Somebody else can apply on your behalf as long as you give your consent.
What happens next?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your application.
- Your case will be reviewed.
- We will write to you to tell you if your application has been successful.
- If your application has been successful, we will hold a multi agency meeting to review your case and will write to you with the outcome of that review.
- We aim to complete the whole process within six weeks.
What if I disagree with the outcome?
Within 28 days of the outcome being sent to you, you can write to:
Executive Director Community & Customer Services, c/o Torbay Council, c/o Town Hall, Torquay, TQ1 3DR
You can also contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman Opens in a new window, the Independent Police Complains Commission Opens in a new window or the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Devon and Cornwall Opens in a new window if you feel that your case has not been dealt with properly.
We have to report the following information relating to the number of anti-social behaviour case reviews we have conducted. Our publishing period runs from April to April.
|Year||Case reviews applications||Threshold for a review was not met||Case reviews||Reviews resulting in recommendations|
Contact Community Protection
- Pest and vermin control
- Unauthorised encampments
- Report anti social behaviour
- Air quality
- Contaminated land
- High hedges
- Paignton and Preston Seafront Masterplan
- Litter and litter bins
- Public Space Protection Orders
- Report a dead animal on a road or footpath