We are required to publish coordinated admissions schemes for entry to all schools within Torbay.
Below you will also see the final version of admission arrangements for schools within Torbay that have been agreed by the governing body /academy trust (for voluntary aided schools, foundation schools and academies) or by us (for voluntary controlled and community schools). We do all we can to ensure these are accurate, but in case of discrepancy the version on a school’s own web site is the definitive version.
Any body or person who considers that a school’s admission arrangements for 2019-2020 are unlawful or not in compliance with the School Admissions Code can make an objection to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator Opens in a new window. The deadline for making objections to the 2019-2020 policies is 15 May 2018.
There are some objections that cannot be referred to the Adjudicator:
- Objections that seek to remove selective arrangements at a maintained school or a selective academy
- Objections about own admission authority decisions to increase keep the same Published Admission Number
- Objections about a decision by the admission authority of a voluntary controlled or community school to increase or keep the same Published Admission Number, unless the objection is brought by the governing body of the school
- Objections in respect of an agreed variation from the Code in relation to admission arrangements for an academy
- Objections to arrangements which raise the same or substantially the same matters as the adjudicator has decided on for that school in the last 2 years and
- Anonymous objections.
Any decision of the adjudicator must be acted on by the admission authority and admission arrangements amended accordingly.
Office of the Schools Adjudicator annual report
September 2017 - August 2018