You can change your child’s forename within 12 months of birth being registered. You need to complete one of the forms below depending on the circumstances and provide the relevant documents.
The Registrar will then contact you to arrange an appointment.
New forenames were given when the child was baptised by a Christian Church.
Your child has not been baptised but you’ve given them new forenames.
If you wish to change a name of a child after 12 months of the registration you will need to use the deed poll process.
- Book to register a birth
- Book to register a death
- Book to give notice
- Book a date for your ceremony
- Copy certificates
- Marriages and civil partnerships
- Citizenship ceremonies
- Other ceremonies
- Changing a child name
- Re-register following the marriage of the natural parents
- Adding the father's details to the birth record
- Gender recognition
- Correcting a birth, death or marriage registration