If the child’s parents are not married to each other, and the father was not included in the original entry, it is possible to re-register the birth to include the natural father’s details.
Both parents will have to complete and sign this form.
If the natural father is not able to attend the appointment then a statutory declaration of parentage form Opens in a new window may be accepted. The declaration can only be witnessed by a select group of professionals Opens in a new window.
- Book to register a birth
- Book to register a death
- Book to give notice
- Book a date for your ceremony
- Copy certificates
- Marriages and civil partnerships
- Citizenship ceremonies
- Other ceremonies
- Changing a child name
- Re-register following the marriage of the natural parents
- Adding the father's details to the birth record
- Gender recognition
- Correcting a birth, death or marriage registration