Torbay Council

Cookie Policy

Housing Benefit & Council Tax Support

Information on who can claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support in Torbay and how to apply.
Information about Council Tax Support which has now replaced Council Tax Benefit.
Information on the changes that are happening in 2016.
It is very important that you report any changes in your circumstances immediately as you may receive too little or too much benefit.
The LHA scheme is a different way of calculating housing benefit entitlement for tenants renting from a private landlord.
Housing Benefit is paid by the Council to help people on low incomes with their rent. Find out how this affects you as a landlord.
What to do if you think the decision about your Housing or Council Tax Benefit claim is wrong.
If your circumstances change and you are entitled to less benefit, if you do not tell us straight away, you will be overpaid benefit.
Universal Credit Logo
Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work, which merges together some of the benefits and tax credits that you might be getting now.