Accessibility Skip to main content

Paying your planning fees

Find out how to pay your planning fees when you submit an application

If you submit a planning application online via the Planning Portal you must pay the fee at the same time. The Planning Portal will not release the application to Torbay Council until the fee is paid to them.  

If you are not using the Planning Portal you can pay online by card. You will need your reference number to do this. Please select the correct service from the dropdown box. 

Make an online payment for an existing planning application

Other ways to pay

BACS payments

To pay your planning fees by BACS payment, using the following details:  

Torbay Council 

Account no: 06040411 

Sort Code: 557001 

Please include the first line of the site address as a reference .

By cheque

To pay your planning fees by cheque - made payable to 'Torbay Council'. Send your cheque with your other documents and plans to:

Spatial Planning
Torbay Council
Town Hall
Castle Circus
Torquay TQ1 3NJ

Exemptions from the fee

Registered disabled person/s 

Applies to applications for works to existing residential properties only.  To benefit from the exemption we would require evidence that the disabled person:

  • lives at the application address (or will be moving there shortly) and
  • is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and
  • that the proposed works would be for the benefit of the disabled person (this is usually provided in the form of a letter from an NHS doctor)