A five week programme to give you the skills and knowledge to help you turn your business idea into a reality.
The aim of the workshops is to introduce you to the basics of how to start a business. It will look at business structures and how to register your business. The sessions will highlight the importance of business planning, costing and pricing, marketing and how to financially plan for your start up. On completion of the workshops you will have a strong foundation of which to bring your business idea into reality.
The programme covers the following areas:
- Introduction to starting your business - we will introduce you to business planning, record keeping and the different types of business structures.
- Marketing - What are the 7 Ps of marketing and why are they important to the growth of your new business? Do you have a Unique Selling Point? It will also look at SWOT, market research, marketing and action planning.
- Introduction to financial planning - Taking the fear out of business finance! We show you how to take the guesswork out of creating forecasts. We will also look at funding options for you Start-up.
- Promotion and sales - You will look at promotional strategies for your business and how to sell your product or service. It will encourage you to know the importance of effective communication with your potential customers.
- Presentations - In this final session you will practice delivering your business idea effectively and present your idea to the group, which provides an opportunity to undertake further valuable market research and receive constructive feedback. You will also find out how to access advice and support.
Please note: This course takes place each Friday for five weeks in total starting Friday 18 January. You will need to register for and attend all five sessions (for maximum benefit and to complete the programme).
Time 10am to 1pm
Phone 01803 207948