There are no commercial waste disposal sites within Torbay but the Household Waste and Recycling Centre can take commercial waste for a fee.
All commercial waste must be taken to the weighbridge and a charge will be made for depositing commercial waste. All commercial customers need to bring Hi-Visability jackets with them when tipping commercial waste at the transfer station as no one will be allowed to tip without them.
Vehicles carrying commercial waste will not be allowed into the household waste recycling area.
The weighbridge is closed on bank holidays including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Using the public weighbridge
- On arrival you must inform the site team at the main gate that you wish to use the weighbridge. You will be directed to the weighbridge for your vehicle to be weighed, and whilst this is happening you must remain in the vehicle at all times.
- Controls will be in place to allow you to approach the weighbridge for payment when instructed.
- Where possible electronic payment method is preferred (though we will not turn cash payments away).
- On site staff will tell you where to unload.
- Please bring your own hi-vis vest and wear it when you are out of the vehicle – if you do not have one you will not be allowed to unload and will be asked to leave.
- Social distancing will still need to be maintained at all times for both the safety of the operational staff and customers who wish to make a visit.
|Monday||8:30 am to 3:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am to 3:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am to 3:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am to 3:00 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am to 3:00 pm|
AddressTor Park Road, Paignton, TQ4 7PL
|Type of waste||Minimum charge||Price per tonne|
|Commerical waste||£60.00 (up to 260kilos)||£230.80|
|Pure green waste||£20.16 (up to 260 kilos)||£77.53|
|Type of item||Charge|
Prices include VAT. SWISCo reserve the right to vary these prices at any time either in full or in part in their absolute discretion. Other prices may be quoted for difficult or other waste also at the absolute discretion of SWISCo. The price information is provided for the convenience of the customer.
* We do not accept walk-in commercial freezers/fridges. All fridges brought to the site must be complete, we will not accept them broken down.
Where possible electronic payment method is preferred (though we will not turn cash payments away).
The following items are not permitted:
- Liquid waste
- Hazardous waste
- Tel: 01803 402995