Find out more about the adverts that appear on our website and how you can advertise.
We have decided to offer the opportunity to advertise on our website to suitable businesses and organisations. torbay.gov.uk is visited by over 70,000 people every month. This makes it a good place for local and national organisations to promote themselves to the people of Torbay.
Why do we offer advertising on our website?
- To channel national advertising campaign money onto torbay.gov.uk which can then be reinvested to improve the website and the range of services offered through it.
- To offer a powerful promotional tool for local businesses and the local economy.
- To offer a communication and engagement channel for local public and third sector organisations.
Advertise on torbay.gov.uk
If you are looking to place advertisements on our website and would like more information, please contact us.
Website advertising policy
As part of our long term goal of reducing costs, we have allowed the use of controlled advertising on www.torbay.gov.uk. Income generated from advertising on the site will be used to subsidise the sites general upkeep and development.
This policy is intended to provide guidelines as to the type of advertising that may be permitted and the technical standards associated with the display of those advertisements.
The placement of advertisements within the site will be coordinated to ensure they do not compromise the prime purpose and functionality of the website.
All advertisements are subject to approval before they are placed on our website. We reserve the right to refuse to promote or to remove any individual advertisement, which is considered inappropriate.
All adverts must adhere to the codes of conduct laid down by the Advertising Standards Authority Opens in a new window (ASA) and must not conflict with our aims and priorities. The ASA's Code includes provisions that marketing communications:
- Must be legal, decent, honest and truthful
- Must not bring advertising into disrepute, in addition must not bring us into disrepute
- Must conform to the Code
- Must respect the principles of fair competition
- Advertising will also be subject to the code of practice on local government publicity and the requirements of the Financial Services Authority
The promotion of any advertisement on our website should not been seen as an official endorsement or recommendation of that advertiser's products or services.
We are not responsible for the quality or reliability of the product or services offered within any advertisement. We would never knowingly run an advertisement that is misleading, offensive, untrue or fraudulent.
We do not accept responsibility for errors, omissions or for any consequences arising when visiting third party websites when following an advertising link.
Most products and services may be promoted on our website, however, some specific categories of products and services are prohibited as defined below.
This list is not comprehensive and may be changed at any time:
- Lobby groups
- Manufacturers and distributors of alcohol and tobacco products
- Manufacturers and distributors of drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Manufacturers and distributors of weaponry and related products
- Organisations in financial or legal conflict with the Council
- Political organisations
Prohibited products and services
- Gambling and betting
- High interest / payday loans
- Pornography and adult services
- Weaponry or violence