Venue: Meadfoot Room, Town Hall, Castle Circus, Torquay, TQ1 3DR
Contact: Lisa Antrobus
To receive apologies for absence.
An apology for absence was received from Councillor Law.
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting of the Cabinet held on 14 December 2021.
The Minutes of the meeting of the Cabinet held on 14 December 2021 were confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
To receive any communications or announcements from the Leader of the Council including a presentation from representatives of Sound Communities.
The Cabinet received a presentation from representatives of Sound Communities. Mike, Jack and Liam, shared their personal experiences of the impact Sound Communities had on their lives. Mike advised Members that Sound Communities used digital radio and music production to connect, engage and inspire communities. Members were informed that Sound Communities had a number of strands:
· education and community provision - going into schools and providing after school activities;
· early prevention – working with young people who were at risk of exclusion;
· employment – working with young people who were not in employment, education or training to develop confidence and skills for the work place; and
· production – an opportunity to showcase what young people have created and produced.
The presentation concluded with a rap from Liam and questions from Members.
The Leader of the Council thanked Mike, Jack and Liam for the presentation and reflected upon the need for the Council to consider how it engages with young people.
Matters for Consideration
The Cabinet considered the following matters, full details of which (including the Cabinet’s decisions) are set out in the Record of Decisions appended to these Minutes.
To consider the Cabinet’s draft budget proposals to launch the consultation for the Revenue and Capital Budgets for 2022/2023.
Contact Governance Support
- Brixham Town Council
- Budget digest
- Civic Mayor
- Councillors' allowances
- Councillors' behaviour, interests and standards
- Decision lists
- Forward plans
- Get involved and have your say
- How the Council works
- Independent remuneration panel
- Outside bodies
- Overview & Scrutiny
- Search documents
- Subscribe to updates
- What's new
- Your Councillors
- Your MEPs
- Your MPs
- Become a Councillor