Venue: Zoom Meeting - Virtual (meeting joining details can be found on the agenda frontsheet or agenda reports pack). View directions
Contact: Lisa Antrobus Governance Support Officer
Election of Chairman/woman
To elect a Chairman/woman for the meeting.
Councillor Ellery was elected as Chairman for the meeting.
To consider a report on an application for a Variation to a Premises Licence in respect of Hoburne Devon Bay, Grange Court, Grange Road, Paignton.
Members considered a report on an application for a Variation to a Premises Licencein respect of Hoburne Devon Bay, Grange Court, Grange Road, Paignton.
Written Representations received from:
Oral Representations received from:
That the application for a Variation to a Premises Licence in respect of Hoburne Devon Bay, Grange Court, Grange Road, Paignton be approved as applied for, subject to the following two additional conditions:
1) Noise emanating from the premises regulated entertainment, in the form of live and recorded music, shall not be distinguishable above the ambient noise in the surrounding residential areas.
2) A member of staff shall monitor the outdoor area, adjacent to the clubhouse where the supply of alcohol is intended after 7pm, to ensure that nearby neighbours are not unreasonably disturbed. Any patron within this area who behaves in a manner that causes a nuisance, shall be asked to either cease behaving in that manner, return inside the premises or to leave the licensed area.
Reason for Decision
In carefully considering all the written and oral representations, Members unanimously resolved to grant the application, having been satisfied that the additional conditions would alleviate the concerns raised by interested parties and promote the Licensing Objectives.
In coming to that decision, Members were reassured by the written and oral representation of the Authority’s Public Protection Officer. In that he did not believe the granting of this variation application would undermine the Licensing Objectives, namely; the Prevention of Public ... view the full minutes text for item 30.
Contact Governance Support
- Brixham Town Council
- Budget digest
- Civic Mayor
- Councillors' allowances
- Councillors' behaviour, interests and standards
- Decision lists
- Forward plans
- Get involved and have your say
- How the Council works
- Independent remuneration panel
- Outside bodies
- Overview & Scrutiny
- Search documents
- Subscribe to updates
- What's new
- Your Councillors
- Your MEPs
- Your MPs
- Become a Councillor