When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These are small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
Types of Cookies
- Analytical Cookies - These cookies allow us to count the number of visitors to our website, and to see how they use it. These cookies don’t gather information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our website works.
- Functional Cookies - These cookies remember your preferences everytime you visit our website (i.e. language, font size, etc.).
- Essential Cookies - These cookies are essential as they help our website function properly. They enable you to complete our online forms, make a payment, submit applications, etc. They do not contain any personal information.
Should I disable cookies?
We recommend you allow the cookies set by this website as they help us provide a better service. If you do not want to receive cookies from this website:
- select Cookie Settings under the Privacy Settings in your Browser Options
- add our Domain (www.torbay.gov.uk) to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from.
Under settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored.
Please note: If you choose to disable cookies then our applications will not work. Therefore, in order to get the best out of our website you will need to ensure that you allow cookies.
You can find more information on cookies on the All About Cookies website.
Our Cookie Use
These cookies help us collect accurate information about the number of visitors to our website and how they use it to enable us to continually improve our service.
|Culture||This cookie remembers your language preference within the School Admissions system.||100 years|
|TbyAlert||Allows users to dismiss alerts so they don't reappear.||1 week|
|ASP.NET_SessionID||This is a session cookie, which is a temporary cookie. It does not collect personal data from your computer.||When you exit the browser|
|_RequestVerificatonToken||This cookie is used for security purposes and prevents cross site forgery attacks.||When you exit the browser|