Devon and Exeter Area Rail Project Working Party
This is a permanent non-statutory working party which is open to the press and public.
1. The Working Party is made up of Devon County Council, Exeter City Council, East Devon District Council, Mid Devon District Council, Teignbridge District Council and Torbay Council.
2. The objectives of the Working Party are to promote the use of local rail services, working in partnership with the rail industry, as set out in the following Terms of Reference:
a) To promote the use of local rail services in the Exeter area and hinterland.
b) To make recommendations to operators of local train services and lobby them for improvements.
c) To develop infrastructure projects at stations, to improve access and waiting facilities for all passengers.
d) To make contributions towards publicity and infrastructure according to a formula agreed between contributing authorities.
3. Constituent authorities shall each year make agreed financial contributions to support the programme of the Working Party. The programme will be approved by the Working Party for the forthcoming financial year at its winter meeting.
4. The Working Party's programme will be co-ordinated by Devon County Council, who will negotiate with the rail industry to develop partnership projects.
5. Any Authority may terminate its membership of the Working Party by giving six months notice of its intention to withdraw.
Location: County Hall, Exeter
Mr Gerry Rulolo
Committee and Member Services Officer
- Vacancy - Conservative
- Councillor Ian Doggett
Contact Governance Support
- Brixham Town Council
- Budget digest
- Civic Mayor
- Councillors' allowances
- Councillors' behaviour, interests and standards
- Decision lists
- Forward plans
- Get involved and have your say
- How the Council works
- Independent remuneration panel
- Outside bodies
- Overview & Scrutiny
- Search documents
- Subscribe to updates
- What's new
- Your Councillors
- Your MEPs
- Your MPs
- Become a Councillor