We are a team of professionals from Children's Services, Education, Police, Probation and Primary Care Trust, working together to prevent children and young people from offending/re-offending and promoting safe communities.
We get involved when a young person age 10-18 years is identified as being 'at risk' of offending or when a young person is arrested by the Police and charged with an offence.
- Complete an assessment of various aspects of the young person’s life including their family situation, education, health, their attitudes and any previous criminal history.
- YOT will support young people to overcome difficulties.
- Access to specialist services for example Substance Misuse Worker, Education Worker, Specialist Mental Health Worker, Family Therapist and a Parenting Worker.
- Endeavour to empower young people to make better choices.
- Support victims of crime and consult and offer them opportunities to engage in restorative justice.
- Work with young people to help them explore the impact of their actions on their victims and communities.
- Adopt a child
- Become a foster carer
- Family Information Service Directory
- Get help for a child at risk
- Services and support
- Find a job in social work
- Strategies and policies
- Complain about children's social care
- Private fostering
- Child employment
- Peninsula Commissioning and Procurement Partnership
- Special Guardianship Support
- Our Improvement Journey