We want Torbay and its residents to thrive.
Torbay is at the beginning of a once in a generation period of transformation, with exciting multi-million-pound projects happening across Torquay, Paignton and Brixham.
We are investing a lot in our:
- Local economy
- Culture and heritage
This will give people spaces to thrive and opens up more job and training opportunities. It will future proof the area for generations to come.
Working with TDA we have put in place a strategy to transform Torbay’s town centres to:
- Create a much better customer experience
- Provide a sharp focus for ongoing regeneration work
- Place an emphasis on placemaking
- Encourage more quality developments
- Bring a range of benefits to Torbay
- Drive further investment
The Strategy complements our:
- Economic Strategy and Local Plan
- Culture Strategy
- emerging Destination Management Plan and Neighbourhood Plans
- the completed town centre masterplans and Torbay Harbours masterplan.
Our regeneration plans are based on what residents, businesses and investors have said they want to see. Each of our regeneration projects will help to:
- Increase footfall and visitors to our town centres
- Improve journey times and access into and around Torbay
- Improve the cultural and tourism offer
- Grow skill levels and job opportunities
Learn more about all of the projects happening in Torquay.
- Accelerated Projects
- Agatha Christie Commission
- Core Public Realm (GPO Roundabout)
- Edginswell Business Park
- Edginswell Station
- The Strand (Debenhams)
- The Strand Harbour Public Realm
- Torquay Towns Fund
Learn more about all of the projects happening in Paignton.
- Open spaces
- Torbay Lottery
- Tor Bay Harbour
- Museums and theatres
- Community Partnerships
- Armed forces and veterans
- Filming in Torbay
- Torquay Harbour Webcam
- Population Statistics
- Apply to hold an event on our land
- Building stronger communities
- Venue hire
- Drinking water taps
- Climate change
- Public toilets
- Flying a drone