If you feel that the penalty charge notice (PCN) was issued incorrectly, you can appeal against it. All challenges must be made either online or in writing. Please tell us:

  • The penalty charge notice number
  • Your vehicle registration number
  • Your full name and address
  • Any evidence to support your challenge as appropriate

It is important that you include as much information as possible to help us to consider whether or not it is appropriate to cancel the PCN. We cannot make decisions over the telephone, but you can call us if you need more information.

  Appeal a parking ticket (PCN)

What happens next

We will consider your case and may then cancel the PCN or reject your challenge. If your challenge is rejected, the notification will contain details of your rights to contest the issue further. If the challenge has been submitted during the first 14 days after the PCN was served we will usually re-offer the discount for a further 14 days from the date of the letter.

Please allow up to 42 days for a response to be sent before contacting Parking Services following your appeal.