Outline Planning Permission cannot be granted for a proposed change in the use of land or buildings. We would advise against applying for Outline Planning Permission for such schemes as alterations to a residential dwelling and would advise that you submit a pre-application enquiry instead if you are keen to know if we would allow the scheme in principle before you apply.


You can submit your application to us online via the Planning Portal.

  Apply online Opens in a new window

Visit the online applications page for information on how to submit plans and documents when applying online.

Paper applications

You can also submit your application by downloading and completing an application form and sending it to us.

  Download a paper application form Opens in a new window


Use the calculator on the Planning Portal to work out the fee for this type of application. Visit the paying your planning fees page for more information on how to pay your fees or if an exemption applies.

  Calculate a planning fee Opens in a new window