Use this type of application to make minor changes to an existing planning permission. Whether or not a proposed amendment is non-material will depend on the circumstances of the case. 

Before making an application read the guidance notes Opens in a new window.

An application can only be considered as a non-material amendment to the original application so long as it does not significantly vary from the original application. We must be satisfied that the amendment application relates to development of the same character or description as the development to which the earlier application related; If the amendment(s) are too large to be considered as non-material it may be necessary to either submit a Removal or Variation of Condition application to vary P1 (so long as your Decision Notice lists the approved plans as a condition) or submit a brand new planning application.


You can submit your application to us online via the Planning Portal.

Apply for planning permission online

Visit the online applications page for information on how to submit plans and documents when applying online.

Paper applications

You can also submit your application by downloading and completing an application form and sending it to us.

  Download a paper application form Opens in a new window


Use the calculator on the Planning Portal to work out the fee for this type of application. Visit the paying your planning fees page for more information on how to pay your fees or if an exemption applies.

  Calculate a planning fee Opens in a new window