Apply for Planning Permission
Guidance on submitting a planning application for a property located in Torquay.
We have had to change the way that some of our services operate to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
We strongly recommend that you get help from a professional if you are applying for planning permission but if you are not using an architect or planning consultant then please follow the advice on these pages to ensure that your application is made correctly.
- Select your application type.
- Fill in the application form.
- Make your plans and documents.
- Find out what fee you need to pay and find out if a Planning Obligation/CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy) is required.
- Submit your form, plans and documents and fee to us.
Please be advised that, if provided, paper documents will not be returned, therefore you may wish to send copies, not originals.
Our preferred method of receiving applications is via. Please be advised that any fees must be paid via Planning Portal, prior to Planning Portal passing applications to us. Planning Portal charge a nominal amount for some services. If submitting your application via Planning Portal, please note the following:
Planning Portal Customer Support Team
- Telephone - 0333 323 4589
- E mail -