We are pleased to be announced as a delivery partner for the Connecting Actively to Nature Programme that is running across the whole of Devon. The CAN project will inspire and support thousands of older people in Torbay to connect actively to nature. The project will build on people’s strong emotional connection to Torbay’s wonderful natural environment and will engage them in activity that incorporates the enjoyment of being in nature, alongside the activity itself.
The 12 week programmes in Torbay are:
- Circuits and Fitness in the Gardens
- Forest School
- Live for adventure - a range of outdoor activities from archery to standup paddleboarding!
- Mindfulness - Know your Mind
- Outdoor Yoga for the actively ageing
- Paperback Ramblers
- Roots & Shoots - Community Gardening for Wellbeing
- Shine outdoors
- Story Walks
- Tai Chi in the Gardens
- The Art of Glass
- The Art of Swimming
- Torre Abbey Memory Café