The Mayor wants to celebrate young people who are making a difference in their community or environment and so has created a Special Recognition Award.
The Mayor will make one Special Recognition Award each month following the recommendation of the panel.
Recipients will receive a certificate and a £10 National Book Token. The Mayor will present these each month with all Award winners being invited to the Annual Meeting of Council each year as special guests of the Mayor.
How to nominate a young person
You can nominate a young person using the form below. The form asks you to provide the following details:
- your name and contact details;
- the name of the young person*;
- contact details for the young person; and
- up to 50 words describing the contribution the young person has made to Torbay in their community or to the environment.
*A young person up to the age of 25 will be eligible for the award.
How are recipients selected?
The nominations will be considered by a panel of five Councillors, including the Mayor and Deputy Mayor. This panel will represent each political group of the Council and each of the three towns.
Members of the panel - Councillors Amil, Dart, Douglas-Dunbar, Kennedy and Manning46679,46678
Guidance notes for people nominating a young person for the Mayor's Special Recognition Award.
- Torbay Lottery
- Beaches and coastline
- Parks, play and open spaces
- Tor Bay Harbour
- Museums and theatres
- Community Partnerships
- Armed forces and veterans
- Filming in Torbay
- Torquay Harbour Webcam
- Population Statistics
- Apply to hold an event on our land
- Building stronger communities
- Crowdfund Torbay
- Venue hire
- Mayor’s Special Recognition Award
- Drinking water taps