Accessibility Skip to main content

Get help with a deposit

Information about how we might be able to help you with a deposit through our Deposit Bond Scheme.

The private rented sector is an important source of housing. Usually, you have to pay a deposit to the landlord, or letting agent, to secure this type of home. It can be difficult to find the money for the deposit as there are often many other expenses when moving home.

The Deposit Bond Scheme can help you if you can't afford the deposit for a home you want to rent privately.

The Bond is an agreement with us. At the start of the tenancy, you and your landlord must sign up to the conditions of the Bond agreement with us. The agreement explains the terms and conditions of how and when the landlord can make a claim.

A Bond is not a transfer of cash. It is a written guarantee given to the landlord on your behalf to cover the deposit for your new home. This Bond will cover your deposit for 2 years. During this time, we would expect you to save to cover your deposit.


Contact Deposit Bond Scheme