Every Local Authority should have a Severe Weather Emergency Protocol (SWEP) which is used when severe weather is forecast.
SWEP triggers take into account:
- weather warnings
- near-freezing temperatures
- wind chill
Upon SWEP being activated, additional accommodation is quickly put in to place to prevent harm and death due to severe weather conditions. SWEP operates outside usual eligibility and entitlement frameworks that govern access to housing and individuals are allocated access to accommodation based on need.
In Torbay, SWEP Provision is provided by the Leonard Stocks Centre, using communal areas to provide shelter for up to 16 people.
- Your landlord has asked you to leave
- Join the housing waiting list through Devon Home Choice
- Emergency and Temporary Accommodation
- I need a housing inspection to ensure my home is safe
- Renting a home
- Advice for landlords
- Advice for homeowners
- Refugees statement
- Moving home
- Finding a home
- Upload your documents to Housing Options
- Houses in multiple occupation
- Energy efficiency