Infectious disease outbreaks should be reported to Public Health England on 0300 3038162
Examples of infectious diseases and national guidance on dealing with these can be found at:
Good hygiene and infection control are vital in preventing the spread of infectious diseases.
Read useful advice on:
Antibiotic resistance: what is it and what can we do about it?
- As bacteria continue to develop resistance to antibiotics, we have fewer effective treatments for infections.
- To find out more about antibiotic resistance, see
- Protect someone from harm
- Independent living
- Looking after someone
- Residential and nursing home care
- Your health and wellbeing
- Public health
- Health information video library
- For Care and Support Providers
- Torbay Care Charter
- The Care Act
- Healthwatch Torbay
- Western Rise Serious Case Review
- Cleanliness in hospitals
- Notification of out of area care and support placements