Go for a walk or run. Step outside. Cycle. Play a game. Garden. Dance. Exercising makes you feel good. Most importantly, discover a physical activity you enjoy; one that suits your level of mobility and fitness.
Regular physical activity is linked to lower rates of depression and anxiety and does not need to be particularly intense for you to feel the benefits!
Ideas to be active
- Short on time? Hate the gym or struggle to get there? Try these NHS 10 minute workouts at home
- Join a weekly park run in Paignton, Bovey Tracey or Teignmouth - they're free; you just need to register once!
- Why not cycle around Torbay or Devon using cycle maps
- Torbay’s naturally sheltered harbour makes it perfect for sea swimming - check out the best spots
- Ever fancied doing a yoga class? Why not try yoga on donation with Nina or Victoria
- Check out sports facilities in Torbay and South Devon
- Be active by starting a new hobby - check out Pinpoint Devon
- Need a little help to get active? Register with the Torbay Lifestyles Team by taking their quiz or follow their advice and tools
- Need a little help to get active in your community? Connect with Community Builders today
- Struggling to get out of the house? Keep active with the help of Wellbeing Coordinators today
Victoria talks about how she started practising yoga and found her way to wellbeing.
- Protect someone from harm
- Independent living
- Looking after someone
- Residential and nursing home care
- Your health and wellbeing
- Public health
- Health information video library
- For Care and Support Providers
- Torbay Care Charter
- The Care Act
- Healthwatch Torbay
- Western Rise Serious Case Review
- Cleanliness in hospitals
- Notification of out of area care and support placements