The NHS have identified and written to people who are extremely vulnerable to coronavirus, and therefore should practice social shielding.
Shielding means not leaving your home and minimising contact with other members of your household for 12-weeks.
Any Torbay resident that has been identified as ‘extremely vulnerable’ by the NHS can access our Shielding Hub for support with, obtaining food parcels and other essential supplies. In addition, those shielding will receive regular wellbeing checks and healthy lifestyle advice.
More information and support
- If you are on the extremely vulnerable shielded list and have had a letter, or you are looking after someone who is, this should be registered on the GOV.UK website.
- Although the Torbay Shielding Hub primary role is to contact the extra vulnerable identified by the NHS, if you think you fit into this category but have not been identified, you can call the hub on 01803 208200 but you should also speak to your GP.
- For general enquiries and support, Torbay Council call centre provision has been increased and operational hours extended to include weekends. The main number to call is 01803 207201.
- A Torbay Coronavirus Help Hub has also been set up to help people who are isolating with non-emergency matters, the hub can be contacted on 01803 446022 or 01803 857727 8am until 8pm, seven days a week.
All the latest information on shielding can be found on the GOV.UK website.
- Protect someone from harm
- Independent living
- Looking after someone
- Residential and nursing home care
- Your health and wellbeing
- Public health
- Health information video library
- For Care and Support Providers
- Torbay Care Charter
- The Care Act
- Healthwatch Torbay
- Western Rise Serious Case Review
- Notification of out of area care and support placements
- Winter advice