Accessibility Skip to main content

National restrictions

Remain vigilant and comply with restrictions. Meet outdoors, let fresh air in, get tested when needed and get vaccinated when offered.

To find out the latest information and advice about coronavirus in Torbay see our coronavirus section.

Back to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Support to people who are isolating and staying at home

Find out what we are doing to support people who are self isolating and staying at home

If you need help or support to stay at home

If you are self-isolating, you may need some extra support. That can be practical or emotional. The Torbay Community Coronavirus Helpline provides befriending, collection of pensions, prescriptions and food, family support, financial advice and mental health support.

Further information support available across the Bay can be found at Torbay Help Hub.

If you receive benefits and self-isolating means you will lose income you can apply for a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment.   

If you or your household need medical advice

If it’s not an emergency, contact the NHS 111 online or call NHS 111.

If it is a medical emergency, call 999 and inform the call handler that you, or someone in your household, have COVID-19 symptoms.

If someone else in your household develops symptoms of COVID-19

They should book a free COVID-19 test.

Book a coronavirus test

Looking after your wellbeing while staying at home

It is important to keep active whilst following the self-isolation guidelines. There is a wide range of health and wellbeing support on offer so here are some key pages for you to start with.

Staying active

Improve your mood and mental health support

We know that staying at home for a long period can be difficult, frustrating and lonely. If you need help with your mental health, there are some options available to you that offer tools, resources and advice to help you improve your mood, look after your mental wellbeing and seek help when you need it:

Your local GP can advise about helpful treatments and access to mental health support.

The Government has published guidance on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of COVID-19 and supporting children and young people.

Help if you are at risk of domestic violence

If you or your family are in immediate danger don't be afraid to call the police on 999.

Otherwise please contact the Police on the non-emergency number 101.

The Are You OK? website provides information to anyone in Torbay who wants to find out:

  • more about domestic abuse and violence
  • how to access local help and support services
  • how to support someone experiencing abuse or violence.

They have published an article to help people who are anxious about self-isolating because of COVID-19.

Help if you are risk of being made homeless

If you are concerned that you may be about to lose your home, you can contact our Housing team.

Contact Public Health