Care for older people and/or vulnerable people
The following organisations have come together to help those in the community that are most vulnerable – Torbay Community Development Trust (TCDT), Age UK Torbay, Brixham Does Care, Healthwatch Torbay and CAB Torbay.
All support services can be accessed through The Torbay Community Coronavirus Helpline on 01803 446022 from 10am until 6pm Monday to Friday and on Saturdays only from 9:30am to 12:30pm or online via www.bit.ly/torbayhelpline .
Services available to access via the Torbay Coronavirus Community Helpline include;
- Befriending service
- Collection of pensions, prescriptions and food
- Family support
- Financial advice
- Mental health support
For more advice and support visit the Torbay Help Hub.
Advice on benefits, debt and cashflow can also be found on the CAB website.
We don’t think anyone in our community should have to go hungry.
If you have been financially affected by coronavirus, and are unable to afford food, Torbay Food Alliance can provide nutritionally balanced grocery parcels, or prepared food if you are unable to prepare food yourself.
Torbay Food Alliance is made up of community and voluntary sector organisations working together in Torbay, as a direct response to the CVOID-10 pandemic.
Food delivery and takeaway services
If you are able to pay for food but are currently self-isolating and unable to get to the shops check out the local businesses that are offering food delivery and/or takeaway services in Torquay, Paignton and Brixham.
Community support resources
A number of organisations are also offering community support to residents. You can find out how to contact them on the community support resources page.
Shopping and medicines
- Details of shops with special opening hours for the elderly and vulnerable and payment methods
- Home delivery shopping and food options
- Echo Pharmacy - Echo is a free online repeat prescription service. You can request your medicines and Echo will confirm and dispense them to a delivery address of your choice.
- Find a pharmacy
Support for children and young people
If you still need help during the current lockdown and can't find what you want in the links above then complete the online form.
Respect for others in our communities
Please be vigilant to ensure that no-one is targeted or discriminated against as a result of the coronavirus infection.
- Protect someone from harm
- Independent living
- Looking after someone
- Residential and nursing home care
- Your health and wellbeing
- Public health
- Health information video library
- For Care and Support Providers
- Torbay Care Charter
- The Care Act
- Healthwatch Torbay
- Western Rise Serious Case Review
- Notification of out of area care and support placements
- Winter advice