We, along with Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust have increased our support to all the care homes in Torbay during this difficult time.
We are working very closely with Devon County Council, all our care home providers are encouraged to use the Devon Provider Engagement Network. This is a web-based information and engagement tool which provides up to date advice and helps them to raise any issues.
We know staffing in care homes is a concern and we are reviewing this regularly, the homes can escalate any issues with us as they happen. We are working with providers to look at how staff can be used more flexibly across the care home sector and how new staff can be trained in providing care quickly.
We will continue to support homes in the decisions they may have to make regarding restriction of visitors and movement of residents during this period.
Everyone is being reminded to:
- always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze, then bin the tissue and wash your hands with soap and water
- wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Care homes can also download and print the posters to display within their workspaces.45731
Download and print this coronavirus poster to display in your workplace.
Download and print this hand washing poster to display in your workplace.
Resources for schools, parents and carers to support the mental well-being of children and young people during the coronavirus pandemic and school shutdown.
Guidance for schools, childcare providers, colleges and local authorities in England on maintaining educational provision
This Community Framework outlines the measures being put in place to support the people in Torbay during the COVID 19 situation
- Protect someone from harm
- Independent living
- Looking after someone
- Residential and nursing home care
- Your health and wellbeing
- Public health
- Health information video library
- For Care and Support Providers
- Torbay Care Charter
- The Care Act
- Healthwatch Torbay
- Western Rise Serious Case Review
- Notification of out of area care and support placements
- Winter advice