We understand that our residents and visitors may have concerns about coronavirus. This page will be updated with the latest information and guidance as it becomes available.
Local and national updates
We are working closely with the local NHS, Public Health England and the Department for Health & Social Care to respond to the national situation.
Different services and government agencies are responsible for leading different parts of our response and have lots of advice and guidance on their websites:
- Department for Health & Social Care: the Chief Medical Officer for England gives information about the national position, on actions being taken and guidance that needs to be followed as the situation develops.
- Public Health England: co-ordinate the response, translating the government strategy into information, advice and guidance on the Coronavirus (Covid-19)
- NHS: local and national NHS services are working to assess and treat people, providing advice to the population through the NHS 111 online service
- Torbay Council: we provide local public health leadership by working in partnership to safeguard the Bay, both in terms of COVID and our daily responsibilities to our population.
These organisations publish information, advice and guidance on their websites:
- The NHS 111 website has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
- Visit the NHS website for the latest guidance.
- Public Health England publishes updated information and advice.
- The Department of Health and Social Care provides updated data, including the number of cases and guidance on Coronavirus (Covid-19).