When deciding whether a Carer is eligible for additional support, we will take account of the impact your caring role has on your wellbeing. We will consider whether:
- Your needs arise as a result of providing necessary care. For example, the health and/or emotional wellbeing of the person you care for is likely to deteriorate if the care and support you provide stops.
- The effect of your caring role means that you are not able to achieve any of the outcomes listed below:
- Carrying out any caring responsibilities the carer has for a child
- Providing care to other persons for whom the carer provides care
- Maintaining a habitable home environment
- Managing and maintaining nutrition
- Developing and maintaining family or other significant personal relationships
- Engaging in work, training, education or volunteering
- Making use of necessary facilities or services in the local community
- Engaging in recreational activities
- As a result of your caring role there is likely to be significant impact on your wellbeing.
Depending on your situation, you may be eligible for ‘basic’ or ‘enhanced’ support, which is usually to enable you to have emotional support or a break from caring. Neither of these are means-tested at this time, and can often be provided via a direct payment.
If you think you are eligible for extra support then please contact Signpost for Carers on 01803 666620.