If you are not happy with a decision taken about your eligibility for funded social care, your assessment, the amount of money you have been given to meet your social care needs, or your support plan, you can appeal.

An appeal is a way of asking for a review of a decision and will make sure you get a quick response. It is one way of dealing with concerns or complaints. 

If you need assistance to make an appeal please contact us and we will help you find an advocacy service (someone who will act on your behalf).

If you would like more information about the appeals process you can ask your social care worker.

The appeals process does not affect your rights to contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman Opens in a new window at any time. However, it will only usually investigate a complaint after you have given us a chance to deal with it ourselves first.

If you are still not happy

If following appeal you are still not happy with the decision please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who can help you with your questions or concerns.