If you are making plans for your future care - at whatever stage - it is worth getting advice. You may want to get specific care advice from a charity, general advice from Citizens Advice Opens in a new window or specialist legal, financial or welfare rights advice.

If you have difficulty communicating or exerting your rights, you may want to have an advocate to deal with these issues on your behalf. We can support you in accessing that support in Torbay and if you are eligible offer you an advocacy service. Please call us on 01803 219700 for more information.

If you have a specific condition, you may want to get in touch with a national organisation that supports people with this condition.