We use the information from your assessment to work out how much money is available to meet your needs. We take into account ways of meeting your needs which may work well for you and do not require council funding. We make sure it is a fair way to allocate money to anyone needing support and we use the same method for everyone - this is called the ‘resource allocation system’.
The money you receive is called your personal budget. There may be some flexibility in the amount if you have higher or more complex needs.
The resource allocation system gives you a ‘provisional’ amount of money to start planning your support. Please ask your social care worker if you want the details about how your provisional budget has been reached.
Contact Torbay and South Devon NHS FT
- Protect someone from harm
- Independent living
- Looking after someone
- Residential and nursing home care
- Your health and wellbeing
- Public health
- Health information video library
- For Care and Support Providers
- Torbay Care Charter
- The Care Act
- Healthwatch Torbay
- Western Rise Serious Case Review
- Cleanliness in hospitals
- Notification of out of area care and support placements