Accessibility Skip to main content

Contacting adult social care

We can help people live happy lives by providing support at home and in the community.

Most people in Torbay can live independently in their own homes without social care. If you have tried to stay independent but still need help, you can contact us for a chat.

An adviser from the adult social care team will talk to you and find out what matters to you. This may include:

  • your strengths
  • what you can do for yourself
  • what help and support is around you
  • where you have difficulties
  • what outcomes you want to achieve

We will work with you to identify the best options for you.

If we need more information one of our team will contact you. We will discuss your situation and decide on the next steps.

To speak to one of our advisers please call 01803 219700.

If you are calling for someone else, make sure they know and are okay with you talking to us.

Please note that social care is not free for all and there might be a charge for any support you receive. 

The amount you pay will depend on the type of support and your financial situation. This includes the amount you have in savings and your income. We will do an assessment to work out the amount you should pay.