Chart source: Budget 2017/18 gross expenditure during the budget setting consultation for 2017-18.
We face significant financial challenges and want to deliver more for less. To protect and support vulnerable adults whilst balancing financial pressures, the 2017/8 budget plans (see chart above gross expenditure during the budget setting consultation for 2017-18) include:
- Additional funds for adult social care to support increased demand (£1.732m);
- Contractual savings from the Integrated Care Organisation (£0.955m saving, £41.170m budget);
- Reductions in contracts with Healthwatch (£10k saving, £125k budget) and Citizen’s Advice Bureau (£8k saving, £68k budget); and
- Review policy on equipment for daily living (£20k saving, £94k budget).
Source: Budget 2017/18 gross expenditure during the budget setting consultation for 2017-18.
Additional budget information is available from:
- Protect someone from harm
- Independent living
- Looking after someone
- Residential and nursing home care
- Your health and wellbeing
- Public health
- Health information video library
- For Care and Support Providers
- Torbay Care Charter
- The Care Act
- Healthwatch Torbay
- Western Rise Serious Case Review
- Notification of out of area care and support placements
- Winter advice
- Adult Social Care Precept