There are a number of key statutes that govern the delivery of local authority social care and housing services including:
- The Care Act 2014
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- The Housing and Planning Act 2016
- Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
There are upcoming changes that are important for the adult social care sector. For example
- Funding for supported housing - Consultation on the detail of the future funding model for supported housing from April 2019.
The government website has more information about social care policy.
CQC has a useful page which summarises relevant legislation for social care providers.
- Protect someone from harm
- Independent living
- Looking after someone
- Residential and nursing home care
- Your health and wellbeing
- Public health
- Health information video library
- For Care and Support Providers
- Torbay Care Charter
- The Care Act
- Healthwatch Torbay
- Western Rise Serious Case Review
- Notification of out of area care and support placements
- Winter advice
- Adult Social Care Precept