The Community Investment Fund is a one-off funding grant, awarded to the community and voluntary sector by us as part of the Council Tax precept to increase the offer and amount of activity that is available in the community. Applications are welcomed from community groups, voluntary organisations and social enterprises across Torbay who want to work in partnership with us to improve the health and wellbeing of local residents.
The 2021 grant scheme builds on the learning and community cohesion that was successfully developed in response to the pandemic in 2020/21.
New grant awards must complement the objectives of our Adult Social Care three-year plan to improve capacity and resilience in the voluntary and community sector to provide activity and infrastructure as alternatives to statutory services. Projects will need to support one or more of the following priorities:
- Support adults experiencing financial hardship, or at risk of homelessness
- Support our communities to maintain and promote good mental health
- Support Digital access and inclusion
- Support strengths-based development in the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector and our neighbourhoods
- Support the local community by developing new, or expanding existing volunteering opportunities
- Support potential and actual victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence
This year’s CIF award has been run in partnership with Torbay Community Development Trust and Ageing Well Torbay.
2021/22 CIF Award Announcement
The following 9 organisations have been selected to receive a grant award from the funding pot for 2021/22.
|Devon Clinic CIC||Single-parents stress management programme.||£9,366|
|Heart of Torbay||Pure Heart mental health support/coaching and peer support.||£15,000|
|Local Spark-Community Supported Enterprise||Support for Social Enterprises/Community Businesses providing or planning to provide support services for adults.||£14,800|
|Paignton Memory Cafe||Support and activities for anyone with dementia.||£4,975|
|Sound Communities||Radio and Music Programme for at risk young adults.||£13,069|
|Step One Charity||BeWell@StepOne accredited on-line programme for adults with mental health issues.||£5,000|
|The Ladies’ Lounge||Support services for vulnerable and abused women.||£15,000|
|Thrive||Drop-in Centre for those with mental health, homelessness, and substance misuse issues etc.||£10,000|
|Turning Heads||Activities and support services at Windmill Centre, Torquay.||£7,800|
We would like to thank everyone for their time and effort spent in applying for an award.
Some applications will be referred to the Community Grant Fund, which awards grants of up to £500 for smaller-scale projects.
If you have been unsuccessful, there may be other opportunities to fund your project via crowdfunding or other local grant award schemes. For further information, please visit www.torbaycdt.org.uk.
Contact Community Investment Fund
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Protect someone from harm
- Independent living
- Looking after someone
- Residential and nursing home care
- Your health and wellbeing
- Public health
- Health information video library
- For Care and Support Providers
- Torbay Care Charter
- The Care Act
- Healthwatch Torbay
- Western Rise Serious Case Review
- Notification of out of area care and support placements
- Winter advice
- Adult Social Care Precept
- Torbay Suicide Prevention Community Pot